Shipping is inextricably linked to the commodity trading market, and you will need a law firm that has expertise in this complex and ancient area of law.
The Complete Picture
Our lawyers are experts in all aspects of shipping law in relation to commodity and commodity finance transactions. We understand the complex legal risks associated with carriage, delivery, holding, storage and transfer. We regularly advise on ship building finance transactions and commercial ship building contracts.
Core Areas of Expertise
Our core areas of expertise include:
- Bills of Lading: cutting & endorsement, and pledge security
- Time and voyage charterparties
- Demurrage and dispatch risks and liabilities
- Cargo insurance
- Bills of lading under discounted L/C financing structures
- Transfer of title & delivery
- Sanctions issues re: bills of lading
- True sale opinions